“There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.” – Sam Walton
If a sale is where the customer relationship begins, customer service is where it ends – sometimes permanently. Studies show that 70% of customers quit doing business with a company because of employee attitudes, but 95% would do business again if their complaint was resolved on the spot. Customers don’t always remember exactly what you say or do, but they always remember how you say or do it. Ultimately, the customer’s perception is the company’s reality, so stellar customer service is a non-negotiable.
Often, lack of training on the soft skills in our organizations creates a negative working environment and sends a message to the customer that they are not valued. In this engaging course, the trainer focuses on changing the mindset of employees to focus on making customers, not just making sales. Everyone learns how to take customer service to the next level to create customer loyalty and make customers feel good through the APPLE model: Approach, Politely probe, Present a solution, Listen and resolve, and End with a fond farewell. This workshop covers all of the important aspects of customer service including maintaining a friendly demeanor, going above and beyond, following up appropriately, professional communication, and even dealing with frustrated or angry customers.
Participants leave this workshop with the ability to:
- Master the art of listening to clearly understand exactly what a customer needs
- Maintain a confident, professional, and caring tone in all verbal and non-verbal aspects of customer communications
- Make customers feel good through the APPLE model: Approach,
- Politely probe, Present a solution, Listen and resolve, and End with a fond farewell.
- Under promise and over deliver to “wow” customers every time
- Begin every reply with a “yes”, even when the answer is “no”
- Use affirmation and endorsement to disarm angry customers
- Communicate appreciation and build customer loyalty in all conversations
- Help boost morale and results of the entire business team
This engaging course gives professionals the tips and tricks needed to create intense customer satisfaction and loyalty.