Diversity is a core pillar to any successful organization. Whether it be diversity in personality, talent, education, race, age, gender, religion, ethnicity, or culture, fostering inclusion can improve retention and minimize disputes. With so many different individuals as coworkers, customers, bosses and clients, how can we capitalize on the unique perspectives and skills that we all bring to the table?
In this dynamic program, participants are introduced to Conversity®, a process that seeks to bring people together through commonalities. By finding similarities, individuals can open themselves to the differences that enrich their teams. With enlightening exercises and group work, participants understand and recognize the elements of culture, values, first impressions and stereotypes, and how they play out in the workplace day-to-day. This course is full of hands-on exercises and rich discussion areas that inspire a new way of thinking and operating in our diverse workplaces.
Participants leave this program with the ability to:
- Seek out and discover connections with different individuals at work
- Understand that culture can influence individuals but doesn’t define them
- Pinpoint personal values and identify how they match up to organizational and team values
- Work through sticky scenarios by maintaining an open perspective
- Combat stereotypes and first impressions that hurt working relationships
- Embrace similarities and differences to create successful and rewarding teams
- Develop an action plan for continual self-improvement in diversity knowledge, attitude, and skills
This interactive program helps participants embrace diversity by delving deeper into culture, values, first impressions and stereotypes.