Boomers, Generation X, and Millennials now all share an office with a fresh crop of 20-something new hires. It’s tough to manage a team of newly minted professionals and build a collaborative workforce with so many different styles and preferences, but now is the best time to discover the secrets for working with this unique, young crowd. Remember, they’re not better, not worse – just different.
Through a look at historical events, participants discover the key differences between the generations and the defining moments that rocked their world and shaped their behaviors at work. Everyone identifies common workplace tendencies and learns tips to help assimilate 20-somethings to a team of tenured professionals. We identify the innate variations in generational attitudes by introducing the “Old School” versus “New School” mindset when it comes to feedback, motivation, promotions, patience, flexibility, and more. Participants put these tips into action by working through real-world situations and hands-on exercises.
Participants leave this program with the ability to:
- Understand the historical and societal trends that shaped each generation
- Recognize the strengths and weaknesses of every generation
- Set and meet the expectations of high-achieving employees
- Motivate and inspire team members to boost job performance
- Create a work environment that is structured but empowering
- Identify what traditional managerial techniques work and which ones do not
This enlightening and entertaining program gives Gen Xers, Boomers, and older Millennials the insight, perspective, and step-by-step plan for managing in the modern age.