In 2015, millennials officially outnumbered Boomers in the workforce. It is the best time for managers and older generations to discover how to work with this unique crowd. Millennials are the group that started college in the new millennium and they happen to be different. Not good different and not bad different – just different. With this distinct generation, there are a new set of opportunities to grow these employees into future business leaders.
In this workshop, participants learn everything they need to know about millennials. What makes this generation tick? We explore how these generations differ, utilizing surprising examples from summer camp and play dates to Jack Welch and Lady Gaga. Participants receive clear, actionable tips and techniques to introduce in their work routine right away. Finally, the workshop concludes with “sticky scenarios” and real-world situations to make the program as tangible as possible.
Participants leave this workshop with the ability to:
- Understand what makes millennials unique
- Recognize the strengths of this group
- Set and meet the expectations of the “trophy” generation
- Motivate and inspire millennials to achieve superior job performance
- Create a work environment that is structured but empowering
- Challenge millennials to succeed on the job
- Identify what traditional managerial techniques work and which ones do not
This enlightening and entertaining workshop gives Gen Xers, Boomers, and Traditionalists the insight, perspective, and a step-by-step plan for managing in the modern age.