It’s one thing to manage a team, but it’s an entirely different beast when it comes to leading a large group or organization effectively. Managing is about getting things done as consistently and efficiently as possible. Leading is about deciding what things should get done, charting the course and inspiring people to feel that they are part of something larger than themselves. Managers have direct reports; leaders have followers.
In this dynamic workshop, great managers learn what it means to take it to the next level as they strive to become inspirational leaders. The critical priorities are explained along with proven techniques for building a powerful common culture and establishing a clear philosophy focused on engagement, employee development and collective responsibility. This includes best practices for diagnosing problems and determining solutions that can be universally embraced even in the most difficult times. During the session, participants build a plan they can begin implementing immediately. They also identify their personal leadership style and adjustments they can make to be more effective in different circumstances. Numerous group exercises bring the concepts to life so leaders know exactly what to do through practice, not preaching.
Participants leave this workshop with the ability to:
- Take ownership for instilling confidence, inspiring change and influencing culture
- Establish clarity, commitment, standards, responsibility, flexibility & rewards
- Apply open book management in building a bottom up plan with strong buy in
- Use goals, score boarding and mini games to motivate action and camaraderie
- Create incentive and structure to drive personal achievement in a team concept
- Recognize Five Faces of leadership style with strengths, weaknesses and impacts
- Vary approaches based on business situation (fast growth, decline, high turnover, etc.)
- Maintain healthy balance between the needs of the business and your people
- Champion creative thinking and work through difficult challenges with courage
This high-level course shows senior leaders how to augment their day-to-day management skills with the ability to inspire organizations to the highest levels of performance.