“Hey, you are unbelievable at getting stuff done! What a machine! Now how about you stop doing things yourself and get a bunch of other people to do it instead?”
Sound familiar? That’s the extent of the training most mid-level managers receive. After some time, it’s easy to realize how much there is to know about managing people. When is directing really dictating? Why delegate when it’s faster and easier to do it yourself? How do you keep people excited when things don’t go so well? We’ve all heard these questions, but what are the secrets to success?
Even the most experienced managers can improve their game. In this hard-hitting course, we cover all the advanced skills of management – setting goals, delivering feedback, adjusting styles, delegating, and motivating each and every day. There are hands-on exercises, group activities, and role plays peppered throughout the program to give everyone the chance to apply tried-and-true best practices to real-world management situations. Managers learn the tips and techniques for building a high-performing and engaged team that can tackle any business challenge any day.
Participants leave this program with the ability to:
- Uphold high standards and push a team to greatness through advanced goal-setting
- Deliver effective feedback and understand when to offer direction vs. support
- Understand and adjust to different communication styles to manage team dynamics
- Delegate effectively and schedule routine check points without micromanaging
- Recognize stellar performance with responsibility, autonomy, flexibility, and visibility
This practical session helps managers leverage current strengths and add new tools to develop high-functioning teams.