Strong mentor relationships can boost employee retention, build better leaders, and attract recruits – all while providing a fun, enriching experience for mentors and mentees alike.
In this half-day program, the presenter offers key strategies to enable both mentors and mentees to work together with success and confidence. Mentors learn how to be a good coach, provide structure, maintain confidentiality and offer guidance without giving answers. Mentees learn how to set goals, seek an outside perspective and develop without asking for answers. All participants discuss what makes a good relationship and the importance of maintaining a mentee-driven partnership. Both mentors and mentees will benefit from lively discussion, sticky scenarios, active role playing, and fun examples from the big screen. Everyone gains the skills and insights needed to build a successful relationship.
Participants leave this workshop with the ability to:
- Develop a strong mentorship relationship that is guided by goals and directed by the mentee
- Initiate a mentorship that is founded upon the principles of trust and communication
- Establish and discuss clear boundaries
- Understand expectations and roles in the partnership
- Offer guidance, NOT answers, to mentees in an effort to push, challenge and expect greatness
- Embrace the role of mentor or mentee with confidence and enthusiasm
This hands-on workshop helps mentors and mentees build a strong, productive, and inspiring partnership.