For Millennials and Generation Z, understanding your Gen X or Boomer manager can be a tricky proposition. From tackling a first-time project, to asking for feedback, to inquiring about advancement opportunities, there is no syllabus to guide you through these tough topics. As a young professional, you might be comfortable with structure and collaboration but not all generations are ready to integrate those changes in the workplace.
Our mantra is that no generation is better or worse – every generation is just really different. The group discovers perceptions of all the generations, including their own, to truly understand what has shaped them. They will recognize what makes them tick, and learn how they like to work. We discuss how Millennials and Generation Z can dispel perceived entitlement, embrace feedback, understand a manager’s style, and display initiative to get ahead.
Participants leave this workshop with the ability to:
- Understand origins and world views of each generation
- Make positive impressions on Gen Xers and Boomers
- Avoid missteps in appearance, talk, and work habits
- Handle requests for additional guidance or resources
- Take ownership, display initiative, and go above and beyond
- Embrace praise and correction without getting defensive
- Get involved, network, and manage your personal brand
This enlightening and entertaining workshop gives young professionals the insight, perspective, and strategies to succeed in the workplace today.