You know that friend who can captivate the attention of seemingly anyone because of their impressive storytelling skills? You know that podcast that has you sitting in your garage for an extra 10 minutes until the episode is over? What about the shine in a child’s eye when you read them a fairytale? That’s the power of storytelling, and this magic doesn’t need to be lost in the business world. Telling stories allows you to make analogies and signal importance in various situations. For drier topics (like that New Hire Orientation you delivered last week), stories provide an exciting twist on monotonous material.
In this riveting course, we share ways to relate to any audience and infuse anecdotes into your presentations. Charts, numbers, graphs, statistics, and business strategies can all be conveyed as exhilarating dramas – it’s up to the storyteller to find that underlying essence and tale. Participants learn the key elements of a narrative and how to parlay their natural storytelling skills in a professional setting. With practice opportunities and hands-on activities, everyone learns how to evoke emotion and connect to your audience with an unforgettable message.
Participants leave this program with the ability to:
- Craft an exciting narrative in typical business situations
- Generate consistently high attention, emotion and action
- Simplify complex ideas and use analogies
- Make points more memorable and relatable in anecdotes
- Use characters, conflict, context, interaction and imaging
- Avoid lecturing, technical jargon and off-putting formality
- Prepare in advance to keep the spontaneous, natural feel
This engaging program teaches participants how to use the art of storytelling to enhance the effectiveness of presentations.