“It’s story time!” From a very young age, our lives have been focused around storytelling – from bedtime stories, to Grandparents’ tales, to the living legends in college and all the way up to swapping stories with friends at a bar after work. We treasure and remember these anecdotes from our lives and the lives of those around us. It is simply human nature — that’s the power of storytelling. Applying that natural passion and connection through storytelling is the key to delivering unforgettable presentations at work.
In this riveting course, we share ways to relate to any audience and find a narrative in your presentations. Even charts, numbers, graphs, statistics, and business strategies can be conveyed as an exhilarating drama – it’s up to the storyteller to find that underlying essence and tale. Participants learn the key elements of any narrative and how to parlay their natural storytelling skills in a professional setting. With practice opportunities and hands-on activities, everyone learns how to evoke emotion and connect to your audience with an unforgettable message.
Participants leave this workshop with the ability to:
- Craft an exciting narrative in typical business situations
- Generate consistently high attention, emotion & action
- Simplify complex ideas and say in clear, compelling way
- Make points more memorable & relatable in anecdotes
- Use characters, conflict, context, interaction & imaging
- Avoid lecturing, technical jargon & off putting formality
- Prepare in advance to keep spontaneous, natural feel
- Captivate any audience with power of your presence
This engaging workshop teaches participants how to use the art of storytelling to enhance the effectiveness of presentations.