A high-functioning team is essential for workplace success, yet poorly performing teams continue to drain an organization and individuals alike. The reality is that you spend more time with the people at work than you do with your own family, but only 55 percent of people actually like their co-workers. It may be hard to believe, but the people you work with really do want to see you succeed. You might say, “But you don’t know Phil from Accounting.” We can promise you that Phil is not pure evil – he simply thinks, operates, and communicates differently than you do.
In this enlightening program, we offer the secrets to successfully collaborating with even the most difficult team members. We even shatter age-old ideas and conventional ways of working because when it comes to workplace communications, the “golden rule” is wrong! During this hands-on session, participants take a humorous yet informative glance at their own, distinct communication style, as well as their colleagues’ unique tendencies. Everyone is learning and laughing through fun examples of our favorite characters from popular TV shows, interactive group work, and situational exercises to bring the learning to life.
Participants leave this program with the ability to:
- Understand their unique communication style and how it plays out on their team
- Recognize the distinct style of coworkers, managers or clients
- Value and appreciate the different qualities that individuals bring to the team
- Adapt to various personalities and predispositions among team members
- Welcome and respect differences to move toward a common goal
- Work successfully and efficiently as part of a solid and high-achieving team
This engaging program gives professionals the inside secrets for mastering interpersonal relationships at work with success.