Have you ever said, “I will NEVER understand her!”, “That’s not how I would have reacted”, or “We will just NEVER get along.” If so, you’re not alone. Human resource managers report spending 24 to 60 percent of their time dealing with employee disputes. The reality is that you spend more time with the people at work than you do with your own family, yet only 55 percent of people actually like their co-workers. Wouldn’t your life be more enjoyable if everyone at work could just get along?
Working in teams is one of the most important components of success in the working world, yet poorly performing teams continue to drain an organization and individuals alike. In this enlightening program, we offer the secrets to working with even the most difficult team members. We’ll share why the “golden rule” is wrong when it comes to workplace communications. This course is chock-full of real-world work scenarios, and will bring the learning to life and get the group laughing and having fun working together. During the session, participants will take a humorous yet informative glance at their own, distinct communication style, as well as their colleagues’ unique tendencies. Everyone learns why the cast of Seinfeld makes a great team and how that dynamic manifests itself in the workplace.
Participants leave this workshop with the ability to:
- Understand their unique communication style and how it plays out on their team
- Recognize the distinct style of coworkers, managers and direct reports
- Value and appreciate the different qualities that each individual brings to the team
- Adapt to various personalities and predispositions among team members
- Welcome and respect differences to move toward a common goal
- Work successfully and efficiently as part of a solid and high-functioning team
This engaging course gives professionals the inside secrets for mastering interpersonal relationships at work with success.