Making the move from campus to the office is one of the most difficult transitions in life. The experience can be trying for both the employer and the employee. The ability to hit the ground running is critical to professional success.
This workshop covers all of the major issues that a new employee or intern will face, including: working in teams, understanding different communication styles, recognizing the subtle differences between college and work and mastering business etiquette. In this program, participants hear a fairy tale without a happy ending to facilitate teamwork and communication styles and watch a business etiquette “blunder video.” The workshop reviews the good things new hires did in college that could get them fired in the real world. Attendees learn specific skills to help them succeed in the workplace from day one.
Participants leave this workshop with the ability to:
- Understand why they don’t necessarily get along with everyone in their group
- Adjust their style to work better with colleagues, managers, and clients
- Capitalize on their strengths to become a strong team player
- Act with the appropriate professionalism in all situations
- Improve their etiquette when it comes to verbal and e-mail communications
- Manage time more effectively and master the art of taking initiative
This interactive, highly-engaging workshop offers specific tools to make the first days of transition a lot easier!