Transitioning from college to the working world is undoubtedly one of the most difficult transitions in life. On campus, office hours offer opportunities for constant 1:1 feedback, syllabi outline exactly how to be successful, and a project is usually irrelevant after the semester is over. In the corporate world, it’s fundamentally opposite! It’s all about finding solutions independently, mapping your own successful career path, and charging ahead on multi-layer projects that span several months or even years. It’s no wonder employers and new employees feel the disconnect!
This program educates interns and new hires about the ins and outs of the working world to ensure a smooth transition. We uncover all of the major situations that occur in the first 500 days: working in teams, understanding different communication styles, recognizing the subtle differences between college and work, and mastering business etiquette. Participants learn why the golden rule is wrong at work, how to flex their communication style for their peers and managers, and what they did in college that could get them fired at work. There is not a dull moment in this highly interactive and collaborative course!
Participants leave this program with the ability to:
- Understand why they don’t necessarily get along with everyone in their group
- Adjust their style to work better with colleagues, managers, and clients
- Capitalize on their strengths to become a strong team player
- Act with the appropriate professionalism in all situations
- Improve their etiquette when it comes to verbal and e-mail communications
- Manage time more effectively and master the art of taking initiative
This interactive, highly-engaging program offers specific tools to make the first days on the job a lot easier.