The office of the future is not an office at all. According to PwC, over a third of Americans have approval to work from home once a week. This new work environment depends on conference calls, e-mail, and texting – a big change from the traditional corporate culture rooted in regular face-to-face team meetings, in-person presentations, and water cooler catch-ups. How do you ensure progress and understanding when your team members work in separate places?
This engaging program uncovers a new set of best practices for navigating the virtual workforce including tips for solidifying a foundation of trust, communicating from afar, and keeping up energy and morale. By setting clear goals, providing direction, and outlining a communication plan, every employee has clarity to be more productive and connected within the organization – even from a distance.
Participants leave this program with the ability to:
- Set clear expectations when it comes to logistics like working hours, lunch, meetings, and more
- Avoid common virtual communication problems that decrease productivity
- Trust colleagues by resisting the urge to micromanage project work
- Implement fun ideas to promote teamwork, build relationships, and readily share information
- Keep individuals engaged through recognition and informal day-to-day feedback
This enlightening program takes the combines proven tactics with creative approaches to allow employees to thrive in a virtual work environment at any organization.