There are four generations in the workplace, all with different assets that can help your team thrive, if you know how to unlock that potential. Millennial managers are working side-by-side gritty Gen Z interns, and independent Generation Xers are clashing with team-oriented Boomers. With job-hopping and disengagement on the rise, understanding how to collaborate with all generations is integral to engaging and retaining great employees.
Through a look at historical events, participants discover the key differences between the generations and the defining moments that rocked their world and shaped them at work. Everyone identifies common workplace tendencies and learns tips to create an open dialogue and promote collaboration. We identify the innate variations in generational attitudes by introducing the “Old School” versus “New School” mindset when it comes to feedback, motivation, promotions, patience, flexibility, and more. Participants put these techniques and best practices into action by working through real-world situations and hands-on exercises.
Participants leave this program with the ability to:
- Understand the historical and societal trends that shaped each generation
- Recognize the strengths and weaknesses of each generation
- Effectively communicate with each generation to meet their goals
- Adjust their approach when giving feedback or assigning tasks to colleagues
- Implement specific techniques for partnering with individuals from diverse generations
This eye-opening program takes the guesswork out of working across the generations and offers tactical advice to promote collaboration among multigenerational teams.