- This event has passed.
Put Your Oxygen Mask on First: Banishing Burnout in Human Resources with Lora Haines
June 14 @ 7:30 am - 8:30 am
New Orleans Theater ABC
Attendees will be empowered to put their own oxygen masks on first to set boundaries, preserve energy, and banish burnout to reengage with meaningful work.
41% of workers in the U.S. report feeling burned out – and we imagine many more overlooked the question in this survey due to overwhelm. If there were any boundaries between work and life remaining, those were shattered as our work entered our homes on a more full-time (or over-time!) basis. And weren’t we saying we were too busy before all of this? HR professionals are being stretched to the limit, and burnout is just around the corner if we can’t find and maintain balance in our lives. What are those tangible tips for reclaiming your days, your time…and your sanity? Balance – what does it even mean when you’re tasked with RTO plans? This session is a fresh breath of air for you to set boundaries, preserve your energy, and banish burnout once and for all.
- Set limits and create space to connect, disconnect, energize, and decompress.
- Recognize the adverse effects of overcommitting, overscheduling, and overworking.
- Identify where tasks fall in the locus of control.
- Implement strategies for practicing self-awareness and reducing stress.
- Boost engagement and energy even during difficult and stressful times.